Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Sketchity Sketch!

So here is what I have been up to!! Again...for the umpteenth time my phones camera isn't the best but this will at least give everyone an idea. In my Drawing Observation and Invention class we have been working on portraiture for this first unit. Meaning lots of self portraits which is of course new territory for me! New territory seems to be a theme this semester. I feel like self portraits are difficult anyways...I have never looked at my face and tried to see it's planes and angles and shadows before...and that's now all I can see. Anyways, the assignment was to practice drawing our noses, eyes, and mouths. And thus here it is!







Yeah...alotta practice! Tomorrow begins the final draft of the portrait. I have already done one mock up and another will be done tonight, both will be posted tomorrow! For now I am off to write a rough draft of a paper comparing two lovely statues from the Baltimore Museum of Art for my Writing About Art class! Writing writing writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment