Thursday, September 6, 2012

Blog 01 aka Hello Blogger Land!

This isn't the first time I've attempted to make a blog. I had one on Wordpress which didn't really take off, and I've been posting things on Tumblr occasionally. This, however, is the first time that I've ever had to do something like this for school! Usually the internet is a distraction, and now it's actually a part of work! Also, since this is going to be for class I will be more inclined to keep up with it! So hopefully this blog is more successful than previous attempts!

While class is the reason this blog was created in the first place, I am hoping to make it a little bit more than that. Ideally this is going to become a place for thoughts, ideas, and all else that has to do with this crazy process leading up to my future art career. Starting of course with this semesters art courses such as Digital tools and Concepts! I want this to become a place where I can brainstorm, share the projects I'm doing in class, and share some of the things that are inspiring me along the way. This being my first real exposure to creating digital artwork there will probably be some frustrations documented here as well! Yet my intention is not to create a diary where I'm logging personal information about my day to day life all the time.

This blogs intention is for thoughts and ideas, yes, but purely related to art and the whole collegiate experience of studying it. It took me a while to figure out that this was what I wanted to do with my life. So why not document the experience? Choosing art as a career, no matter what field, isn't an easy career path. There are moments where nothing is certain and you just have to jump and trust you'll land on your feet. So yeah, this blog is an assignment for class, but that doesn't mean I can't turn it into something important to me as well. That's the intention of my blog, to create a place where I can share my artistic journey wherever it leads and share my work and the work of those whom inspire me.

No comments:

Post a Comment